||4 years ago|
|README.md||4 years ago|
|mpvd.user.js||4 years ago|
MPP via Discord
A crazy experiment of using Discord as a backend for Multiplayer Piano. Using a Discord client, MPP's JSON data is sent to and received from a Discord server across multiple channels. Participants are based on members online. Supports notes, cursors, chat, and name changes.
- Install Tampermonkey if you don't already have a userscript manager.
- Install the userscript.
- Join the Discord server.
- On your Developer Portal, create an app with a bot user.
- Invite it to the Discord server by generating an OAuth2 URL with the 'bot' scope and pasting it into your browser.
- Navigate to http://www.multiplayerpiano.com/mpp-via-discord and the script should activate.
- Paste the bot's token when prompted. This token will be stored in localStorage.token. You can change it with the local storage inspector of your developer tools.